As an experiment, I purposely waited three months before making another post. Okay, I lied. I just didn't keep up with it. I did the same thing when I was younger... I would start a journal and not keep up with it and then when I finally return to it, I make up excuses to myself like how I've been lazy and busy. Well, here we go again. I am currently checking out performance art videos for my final multimedia & installation project and I came across the work of John Cage, a radical American composer and artist. I am familiar with his compositional piece, 4'33", but it was my first time watching "Water Walk". I enjoyed the old film quality of the reality tv show back then as well as the interactions among John Cage, the host and the audience. Throughout the video, I just kept thinking about that one line that Cage says about music being the creation of sound, so therefore he believes that he is creating music. I hope you find it as amusing as I did.
No comments:
Post a Comment